Events are fun. They draw our community closer together, help you make new friends, and win prizes. It's easy to host an event. You can offer prizes-- or not, as you wish. The primary purpose is the event itself.
If you wish to host a gathering of friends, hold an Archery or BattleMace tournament, call for a
Drum Circle dance, Avatar Contest, or enjoy other activities here-- that is what these lands are for. Enjoy yourselves.
HOW TO HOST AN EVENT--BASIC GUIDELINES:
* To host an event, figure out what you want to do, and do it. Don't be afraid to jump in with both
feet. The only way to learn how to drive a car is to get behind the wheel and step on the gas. :D
* Events must be family friendly.
* Events do not have to be fantasy in nature. You can hold trivia events, games and more.
* Events must not be opposed to Elf Clan charter (ie, "Sunday Morning Church" or "How to be a
vampire" aren't the best ideas). If you have a question, please contact a Greeter or Eldar.
HOW TO POST EVENTS
Posting events is easy.
* You can post them in the FORUMS at the Inworldz website (Inworldz.com / community section)
* Send out a group notice (please see the Charter section on posting group notices for guidelines)
* Go to http://inworldz.com/events.php and post there.
* LANDMARK GIVERS. If the event is not right at the land entry point, you may need to place a
landmark giver at the entry point, to take people to the actual event area. If you don't have a
landmark giver, ask Snoots Dwagon for one.
Prizes are not necessary, but they can draw attention and benefit members. Whether to have a
prize or not is completely up to you. Events are fun with or without prizes.
Elf Clan has an event prize fund. The fund is supported by event donations. If you're a merchant
hosting an event to promote your store, you can use merchandise as prizes if you wish.
If you decide to offer a prize, there are many ways to do so:
* If it is a contest and you are a builder, build a low-prim trophy or wall plaque commemorating the
* If you're a merchant you can donate a prize.
* You can make request to us for Z$ from Elf Clan
* If you have a nice-but-unused item in your inventory that you no longer need, it can make a nice
prize. Or your friends may have something you could offer (of course, the item has to be
transferable). Such is a good way to get rid of unwanted inventory that still has value. Please do
not use freebies as prizes. That's perceived as "cheap". : )
There are many ways to offer prizes, but you do not have to have a prize to hold an event.
Sometimes events are just for the fun of it (such as Drum Circle or Live Music). The purpose of an
event is to promote Elf Clan and have fun!
TYPES OF EVENTS:
There are so very many kinds of events that can be held. Visit that link to see a huge list of ideas.
REFEREE information is available for those who wish to hold sporting events such as BattleMace
or Archery. The REFEREE GUIDELINES explain how to conduct and score such events and is based on years of
sport event experience to make it easy for you.
AT THE EVENT
Try to show up for the event at least 15 minutes early. Announce the event in the ELF CLAN IM
channel when the event is ready to begin (usually about 10 minutes ahead of time is good). No
further announcements are necessary. If the event is more than an hour long, it is good to
announce the event every hour on the hour.
That's all there is to it! Once you have held your first one or two events, it should seem like second
nature. : )