In a recent poll from a significant population sample, people were asked why they play Second Life on a regular basis. Following are the 25 top answers. Well, at least these should have been the 25 top answers...
1. I have no life
2. My friends have no life
3. My Internet only gets one channel
4. I love dancing. And dancing. And dancing.
5. My best friends are drama queens
6. The lag gives me lots of time to hunt-and-peck type
7. I love chopped-up music files
8. I think broken chat engines are just the best
9. I'm a psychologist studying socially-challenged people
10. I'm a psychopath studying psychologists
11. I think pixellized avies are just the sexiest thing ever
12. I'm a Linden and it's my job and if I don't I'll get fired
13. I'm an ex-Linden trying to figure out retribution for getting fired
14. I'm so heavily vested from the early days I can't afford to quit
15. I'm a newbie looking to get heavily vested because I don't know what's gone before
16. I'm 107 years old and playing a 19 year old girl with huge ta-ta's just rocks
17. I'm hooked on building, scripting, and other masochistic tendencies
18. I can tell my mom I'm "working" online. Beats mowing grass all summer.
19. Ohhhhhh... stores... !!!!
20. My DVD player broke and I can't afford a new one because I'm on SL too much
21. It's the only place I can pretend to be a girl and get away with it
22. One word: Slingo
23. I can "camera" anywhere
24. TV sux
25. Inworldz is undergoing updates